Ultrasonic USB microphone and recorder
ULTRAMIC384K IS DISCONTINUED AND IS REPLACED BY ULTRAMIC384K BLE
The Ultramic384K is a high quality, professional digital device that can work as either:
• a USB ultrasonic microphone connected to a PC/Tablet/SmartPhone
• a smart autonomous recorder, when a micro SD card is inserted
The Ultramic384K has an integrated analog-to-digital converter able to achieve a 384 kHz data sampling rate.
The USB 2.0 full speed port allows an easy connection to a PC, iOS, Android smartphone or tablet and embedded Linux systems.
The Ultramic384K is composed of a main body with digital and differential analog amplification, a waterproof, high performance audio and ultrasonic microphone with a FG sensor, and a preamplification circuit.
The ultrasonic sensor can be replaced with other sensors such as an infrasonic microphone, a vibration sensor, or a hydrophone.
When used with an external USB battery, the Ultramic384K’s low power, integrated 32 bit microcontroller makes it the perfect device for long term autonomous recording.
Only 30 mA @5 Volts of power are required when operating at full speed.
In addition, the Ultramic384K features:
a high performance, omnidirectional audio and ultrasonic microphone, a 6 pole connector for multipurpose communication with 5 Volts out power supply, an IO digital interface and differential mono input, USB 2.0 full speed connection using a driverless, standard audio class interface for an easier communication with host devices, hardware amplification gain via two switches, and easy disassembly to access the SD card slot, the preamplification switches and button.
The Ultramic384K can be used in scientific research for:
• Detection and recording of biological ultrasounds for bioacoustics studies on insects, cetaceans, rodents, and bats.
• Environmental studies to assess the impact of wind farms on bats.
• Recording and analyzing mouse ultrasonic vocalizations for pharmacological studies.
• Soundtracks and special effects (such as slowing down the recorded ultrasounds).
Ultramic384K can be also be used in industrial applications such as:
- GAS LEAK detection
- Predictive motor fault monitoring
- Test of ultrasonic generators and transducers (e.g. for pest control)
- Detection of high-frequency noises emitted by switching power supplies, LCD screens, or the turbines of car and truck engines.
Waterproof microphone membrane