Ultramic200K & Ultramic250K
The first fully digital ultrasonic USB microphone.
Ultramic200K & Ultramic250K
Ultramic200K & Ultramic250K are ultrasound microphones with integrated digital to analog converter with 200 kHz & 250 kHz sampling rate. The USB Full speed port 2.0 allow an easy connection to any PC or Mac computer; the device is recognized as an HID (human interface device) microphone so no driver installation is required!
It appear as a single channel audio input device; however if recording in stereo the two channels will appear identical.
The MEMS (Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems) microphone is very sensitive with a good signal/noise ratio and small form factor. An integrated low pass 8TH order filter is provided in order to reduce aliasing artifacts.
Frequency response of MEMS sensor
|Windows XP||OK||NOT COMPATIBLE!!!|
|Linux Android||OK *||OK *|
* Consideration on Android OS:
- running on tablet with USB Host!!
- not all tablet tested
more informations HERE
- 200 K sampling per second. ULTRAMIC200K.
- 250 K sampling per second. ULTRAMIC250K.
- True 16 bits resolution.
- Frequency range up to 100 KHz - 125 KHz.
- MEMS high sensistivity Surface Mount Wide-band Ultrasonic Acoustic Sensor.
- High quality and low noise analog amplification.
- USB device full speed port with a mini B USB connector.
- 32 bit 80 MHz integrated microcontroller.
- Dimentions: 130 mm lenght x 20 mm diameter.
- 8th order antialiasing low pass filter.
Connect it to your computer and it will be immediately recognized as a new audio input.
In your preferred sound recording software simply select the new audio input and choose the sampling frequency (only the 200KHz or 250KHzoption should be visible).
Ultramic can be easily opened acting on the back screw. Close to the microphone there are two switch that can be turned on and off with a nail, no tool needed, in order to change amplification between three hardware levels.
with a tablet PC.
The ultramic can be used by scientific researchers for:
Environmental impact assessment for wind farms.
- Detection and recording of biological ultrasounds for bioacoustic studies on insects, rodents and bats.
- Recording and analyzing mouse ultrasonic vocalizations for pharmacological studies.
- Detection of the high-frequency noises emitted by switching power supply, by LCD screens, and also by the turbines of car and truck engines.
In your house or in your office, discover the ultrasonic noise emitted by your TV, your computers, and by the power adapters of all your electronic devices.
Outside, use the UltraMic to record the ultrasonic signals bats emit to echolocate and discover the ultrasonic cries of small rodents.
Bats are a very important component of our ecosystems, they are protected since 1930 and recent studies demonstrate that they are important to keep down the population of insects and mosquitos.
The ultramic has been developed with the scientific support of CIBRA / University of Pavia.
ULTRAMIC200K 200 euros + V.A.T. + shipping cost.
ULTRAMIC250K 290 euros + V.A.T. + shipping cost.
User Guide ULTRAMIC200K & ULTRAMIC250K
Gianni Pavan, Clemente Di Caprio, Alfonso Milano, Mike Rooke, Johann Schilling, Christian Kutschenreiter.
FULLY MADE IN ITALY